In this micro coaxial cable assembly, KEL connectors of the USLS20 series are installed, in a 40-pin version.
Devices are becoming ever smaller and more compact, making it increasingly difficult to mount board-level connectors in the narrowest spaces. The KEL connector of the USLS series with its effective mating length of only 0.35 mm and a low profile stack height of 1.65 mm is perfectly suited for narrow environments.
The ultra-fine AWG42 single strands offer maximum flexibility in applications. For a rigid version, with laminated tape, please select our article: KAB-KEL-USLS20-40-007-BH. In addition, the USLS connector is ideal for applications where cables must be passed through 4.0 mm diameter holes (for example in mobile phones) – even during final assembly. The USLS connector is designed to be advantageous in terms of torsion, which is often a problem in stacked configurations.
We can offer you the USLS connector in three versions with 20, 30 and 40 contacts and in two different stack types, straight and angled.
- side 1: USLS20 KEL plug, 40 pin
- side 2: USLS20 KEL plug, 40 pin
- micro coaxial cable: single strands AWG42
- L = 70 mm
- pitch: 0.4 mm
- 1:1 assignment
- connection type: horizontal
- operating temperature: -40 °C to +85 °C
- weight: 1 g
Material and plating:
- insulator material: glass-filled LCP (UL94V-0), black
- contact material: copper alloy
- contact plating: gold over nickel, nickel barrier (board side)
- shell material: copper alloy
- shell plating: gold over nickel, tin copper over nickel
- cover material: glass-filled LCP (UL94V-0), black
- current rating: 0.25 A per contact
- contact resistance: max. 100 mΩ
- dielectric withstand voltage: 200 V AC for 1 minute
- insulation resistance: 100 MΩ min. at 250 V DC
- compact connector with a low profile of 1.65 mm (0.065'') and a plug width of 3.05 mm (0.120'')
- suitable for insertion through a narrow 2.7 mm (0.106") diameter hole even after soldering
- better grounding performance for improved data transmission and EMC protection
- effective mating length of 0,35 mm (0.014’’)
- the metal housing reduces EMC interference and ensures product strength
- connector is equipped with a nickel insulation layer on the contacts on the board side to prevent lift-off during soldering
- connector is available in three other sizes: 20, 30 and 40 pole.
Matching PCB headers: USLS00-40, USLS00-40-A, USLS00-40-B, USLS00-40-C
Connector part of Sony HD Camera: FCB-EV7500, FCB-EV7520, FCB-EV5500, FCB-EV7300, FCB-EV7320, FCB-EV7310, FCB-EV5300, FCB-EV7100