We supply this stranded cable with a completely assembled socket housing from JST.
The VAR-2 single-wire connector has a connection pitch of 7.92 mm. It is a high-current connector that can withstand particularly high current loads and is used with primary power supply circuits and various other circuits that require large currents. The VAR-2 not only has a large current carrying capacity but also a reliable locking mechanism for maximum safety, and all this with a height of 17.5 mm. The second side of the cable is unfinished. This cable is particularly suitable for samples and small series.
- side 1: JST VAR-2
- side 2: unassembled, smooth cut off
- stranded wire: AWG20, red and black
- L = 500 mm
- dimensions of the connector: length = 12.92 mm, depth = 10.6 mm, height = 14.3 mm
- temperature range: -25 °C to 85 °C
- RoHS compliant
Electrical characteristics of the VAR-2:
- current rating: 7A AC, DC (AWG #18)
- voltage rating: 250 V AC, DC
- contact resistance: initial value max.10 mΩ (after environmental testing max. 20 mΩ).
- insulation resistance: min. 1,000 MΩ
- withstanding voltage: 1,200 V AC/minute
- applicable wire: AWG #20 to #18
- Robust box contact – a reliable connector with a wide range of applications, from low-voltage, low-current signal circuits to large-capacity power supply circuits.
- Secure contacting and mounting – the housing has a locking mechanism that prevents the connector from coming loose due to vibration. The mechanism also prevents incorrect insertion (misalignment or wrong insertion).
- Compact connector with large capacity – although this connector has a large current carrying capacity (7 A), it is compact with a height of 17.5 mm.
- Immediately available from stock.
- Can be assembled individually.
- Other lengths are available at short notice.
We are also happy to offer you the assembly of this cable as well as the production of the entire ready-to-connect cable as a sample quantity. Please contact us. We will be happy to provide you with a non-binding offer. Further technical data can be found in the VA-connector data sheet from JST.
Suitable crimp contacts: KON-JST-SVA-41T-P1.1
Suitable pin headers: B2P3-VH, B2P3S-VH, S2P3-VH, B2P-VA