HIROSE FH50 series
Here we would like to introduce the brand new HIROSE FH50 series plug. The connector series is suitable for standard FPC and FFC cables with a maximum thickness of 0.3 ± 0.05 mm. Furthermore, the FH50 series can also be used for automatic PCB assembly. We offer this connector as tape and reel packaging unit (1.000 pieces per reel).
Secure mating & reliable retention force
Incomplete plugging is prevented with HIROSE's unique "Cam function". Here, two rotating cams on the sides of the plug ensure that the FPC or FFC cable is fixed in place. When the cable is inserted the two cams rotate and when the actuator is closed, the cams hold the FPC/FFC firmly in place at the side catchers. The holding force is thus greatly increased and secure plugging is guaranteed. A tactile click of the cable combined with an audible clicking sound signals correct plugging.
The FH50 two-point contact design also increases contact reliability. Each contact has a spring function and contact errors are avoided.
The connector is available in other pole numbers (28, 40, 50, 80). We are happy to offer you customised solutions at any time.
Perhaps you are looking for a ready-made foilcable assembly?
We supply the matching foil cable for the FH50 connector series! Under the following article no.: FFC0.50A28-0288L-6-6-08-08-AU-FH50 you can order the suitable FFC cable from us. The 28 pole cable is 300 mm long, stripped on both sides, UL certified with cut-outs for HIROSE FH50, shielded and with gold plated contacts. You need another length? No problem! Please contact us, we will be happy to advise you.
- FH50 series, pitch: 0.5 mm
- accepts standard FPC/FFC thickness: 0.3 ± 0.05 mm
- connector dimensions: 24.5 | 30.5 | 35.5 | 50.5 mm length, 8.3 mm width, 3.7 mm height
- contact plating: nickel gold plated, pure tin reflow coating, UL94V-0
- pole numbers: 28, 40, 50, 80
- RoHS compliant
- temperature range: -55 °C to 85 °C
- incomplete plugging is prevented with the HIROSE cam function
- 2-point spring beam contact reduces contact failure caused by contamination.
- Tactile click feeling is generated when the FPC/FFC climbs over the side-catcher.
- very high FPC/FFC retention force due to side-catcher fixation
- robust and highly reliable actuator retention
- suitable for automatic circuit board assembly
- nominal voltage: 50 V AC/DC, 0,5 A
- insulation resistance: min. 500 MΩ, measured at 100 V DC
- withstanding voltage: 150 V AC for 1 minute
- contact resistance: max. 100 mΩ (including FPC/FFC conductor resistance), measured at max. 20 mV (1 kHz), 1 mA AC
- vibration resistance: no electrical discontinuity for more than 1μs, 10 cycles in each of the three axes at a frequency of 10-55 Hz, half amplitude 0.75 mm
- shock resistance: no electrical discontinuity for more than 1μs, acceleration of 981 m/s2, 6 ms, 3 times of shocks shall be applied for each 6 directions along 3 mutually perpendicular axes.
- moisture resistance: Relative humidity: 90% or less (no condensation)
Part numbers of the HIROSE FH50 receptacles: