The brand new REDFIT IDC SKEDD connector from Würth Elektronik eiSos was used for this cable assembly.
The REDFIT IDC is a solderless and multiple pluggable connector with SKEDD technology, mounted on a ribbon cable with a pitch of 1.27 mm.
The SKEDD contacts are plugged directly into the printed circuit board. There is no need for a complete soldering process, which prevents potential sources of error. This increases process reliability and saves space, time, material and process costs.The flat ribbon cable is connected using insulation displacement technology. With the insulation displacement technology (IDC) a fast and simple half pitch cable connection is created.
- insulation material: LCP
- insulation flammability class: UL94 V-0
- insulation colour: black
- contact material: CuNiSi
- contact coating: Au (SKEDD), Sn (IDC)
- connector pitch: 2.54 mm
- number of poles: 4 to 20
- cable pitch: 1.27 mm
- operating temperature: -25 °C to +105 °C
- RoHS, lead-free
- plug-in cycles: 10
- IR1: 1A
- RISO: 1000 MΩ
- dielectric strength: 500 V (AC)
- contact resistance: 10 mΩ
Cable side: insulation displacement technology
- no stripping
- direct contact to the ribbon cable
- All wires are contacted at the same time.
- high transmission reliability
Printed circuit board side: SKEDD direct plug-in technology
- direct connection to through-hole plating
- can be plugged in and removed several times
- pluggable by hand
- low contact resistance
- vibration-proof connection
Comfortable plugging: The apex is designed to give the SKEDD contact the necessary elasticity to plug in even high-pole connectors with little effort.
Vibration-proof connection: The contact force ensures that no contact interruptions occur under mechanical load when the plug is mated.
Reversible connection: The fork-like SKEDD contact adapts elastically to the plated-through hole and allows multiple plugging and unplugging. The 4-edge connection provides a reliable electrical connection.
Fitting Accuracy: The flexible SKEDD contact compensates for manufacturing tolerances and ensures optimum interaction between connector and PCB.
Process reliability (during assembly): Reverse polarity protection ensures correct mounting on the PCB.
Easy maintenance: Toolless assembly for simple and uncomplicated plugging and unplugging. A fast exchange in case of service is possible.
Field of application:
- consumer electronics
- solar industry
- industrial electronics
- mechanical engineering
- switch cabinet construction
For more detailed information, please also take a look at this I-PEX manufacturer video and the attached PDF.
Article numbers of the SKEDD connectors:
- 4 pins: 490 107 670 412 / 490107670412
- 6 pins: 490 107 670 612 / 490107670612
- 8 pins: 490 107 670 812 / 490107670812
- 10 pins: 490 107 671 012 / 490107671012
- 12 pins: 490 107 671 212 / 490107671212
- 14 pins: 490 107 671 412 / 490107671412
- 16 pins: 490 107 671 612 / 490107671612
- 18 pins: 490 107 671 812 / 490107671812
- 20 pins: 490 107 672 012 / 490107672012