HIROSE FH34 Series
Here we would like to introduce the new HIROSE connector series. This connector series is suitable for standard FPC and FFC cables with a maximum thickness of 0.3 ± 0.03 mm. We offer this connector as tape and reel packaging unit (5,000 pieces per reel).
The profile of the FH34 connectors is very low with a height of 1.0 mm and a width of 3.8 mm, the connectors are popular in space-saving applications. FH34 connectors are the only ultra-flat ZIF connectors that can be used with standard 0.3 mm thick FPC.
There are two versions of the FH34 connector: FH34SRJ for FPC/FFC and FH34D, suitable for FFCs with side-catchers.
Secure plugging & high holding force
FH34SRJ offers increased FPC/FFC retention force due to the special design of the connector. The so-called "top & bottom" contact and tapers on all 4 inner walls of the connector provide the improved retention force and smooth FPC/FFC insertion. The retention force is approximately 2.6 times higher in the horizontal direction and approximately 2 times higher in the vertical direction compared to existing similar designs.
With the FH34D connector the mechanical locking is approximately 2.5 N higher in the horizontal direction than with the FH34SRJ connector.
On the back of the connector there is a unique "back-flip rotary drive" which ensures a reliable electrical and mechanical connection. Incomplete mating is prevented with HIROSE's proven "flip-lock mechanism". The FPC/FFC cable is reliably fixed in place. The clear, tactile click of the cable is combined with an audible click sound and signals correct mating.
Both connectors are available in numerous other pin counts (4-50 pin for FH34SRJ and 4-30 pin for FH34D). Connector type FH34SRJ is available, FH34D is currently only available on request with a minimum order quantity of 250 pcs.
- FH34 Series, FH34SRJ & FH34D, pitch: 0.5 mm.
- accepts standard FPC/FFC thickness: 0.3 ± 0.03 mm, gold-plated contact surfaces
- two different types FH34SRJ and FH34D
- connector dimensions: L = 0.5 x (N*-1) + 2.5 (FH34SRJ) & L = 0.5 x (N*-1) + 3.5 (FH34D), 3.8 mm width, 1.0 mm height | *N = number of pins
- contact plating: nickel gold plated, tin reflow plating, UL 94 V-0
- RoHS compliant
- temperature range: -55 °C to 85 °C
- low connector profile only 1.0 mm
- increased FPC/FFC retention force with FH34SRJ
- high retention force due to mechanical locking contacts with FH34D
- "back-flip" rotary drive for reliable electrical and mechanical connection
- easy insertion of FPC/FFC and reliable electrical connection due to proven flip-lock mechanism
- clear tactile engagement of the cable with clicking sound
- FPC/FPC can be inserted immediately without having to open the connector
- tracks on the PCB can run under the connector, there are no exposed contacts on the underside of the connector
- suitable for automatic PCB assembly
- nominal voltage: 50 V AC/DC, 0.5 A
- insulation resistance: min. 500 MΩ, measured at 100 V DC
- withstanding voltage: 250 V AC for 1 minute
- contact resistance: max. 100 mΩ (including FPC/FFC conductor resistance), measured at max. 20 mV (1 kHz), 1 mA AC
- vibration resistance: no electrical discontinuity for more than 1μs, 10 cycles in each of the three axes at a frequency of 10-55 Hz, half amplitude 0.75 mm
- shock resistance: no electrical discontinuity for more than 1μs, acceleration of 981 m/s2, 6 ms, 6 directions (along 3 mutually perpendicular axes), 3 cycles each.
- moisture resistance: no damage, cracking or loosening of parts (96 hours at 40 °C and humidity of 90 to 95%)
Perhaps you are looking for a ready-connected foil cable assembly? We supply the matching foil cable for the FH34 connector series! We can offer you customised solutions at any time. Please contact us, we will be happy to advise you!
Suitable displays: IPS101A106A