HIROSE FX16 series
HIROSE's FX16 series connectors provide high-performance board-to-wire connections that reliably support high-speed data transmission. Signal transmissions of up to 6 Gbps are possible. In addition, the FX16 series offers exceptional impedance matching, even with high rise times of Tr = 50 ps (10 - 90%).
The FX16 connector series is very versatile. There is a common connector version, which is suitable for shielded FFC cables as well as for single wire and micro coaxial cable assemblies. Numerous pole numbers are available: 21, 30, 31, 41, 51. Different plug versions are possible, for example a right-angled, vertical version for batch cable harnesses or for direct plug-in styles. Several positions and sizes are available, please refer to the product catalogue.
FX16 connectors are compatible with V-by-One® HS panel interfaces. The data transmission performance at 3.75 Gbps is excellent. This is also shown by the evaluation of the eye diagram. The eye pattern at these signal speeds is wide open for both micro-coaxial and FFC connections (see product catalogue).
With the patented Fliplock construction, for FFC applications, the foil cable is fixed with a flap. This makes FFC assembly much easier and eliminates the need for expensive soldering. The vertical connector style also simplifies the assembly process. In addition, this fliplock version gives a lower profile, due to the limitation of the connection height – only 8 mm.
Perhaps you are looking for a ready-made foil cable assembly?
We supply the matching foil cable for the FX16 connector series! You can order the suitable FFC cable from us under the following article no.: FFC0.50A51-0094L-03-03-08-08-AU-SC-FX16. The 51 pole cable is 100 mm long, stripped on both sides, UL-certified with side catchers, hot-melt shielded and gold plated. You need another length? No problem! On request, this FFC cable can be made to customer specifications in all lengths. Please contact us, we will be happy to advise you.
- FX16 series, pitch: 0.5 mm, black, beige
- shielded FFC, single wire, micro-coaxial cable
- connector dimensions: please refer to the attached PDF
- contact coating: copper alloy, gold plated
- pole numbers: 21, 30, 31, 41, 51
- connector orientation: straight, right-angled
- mating cycles: 50
- RoHS compliant
- temperature range: -55 °C to 85 °C
- MOQ = 250 pcs.
- designed for high speed data transmission
- compatible with V-by-OneR® HS interface
- patented Flip-Lock locking system simplifies FFC applications
- vertical cable connector available
- numerous cable connector and pole number variants for different cable types are available
- All materials and substances used to manufacture the connector fully comply with the RoHS standard.
- nominal voltage: 60 V AC/DC, 0.5 A
- insulation resistance: min. 500 MΩ, measured at 100 V DC
- dielectric withstand voltage: 200 V AC for 1 minute
- contact resistance: max. 80 mΩ, 1 mA
- vibration resistance: no electrical discontinuity for more than 1μs, 2 hours in each of the three axes, at a frequency of 10-55 Hz, half amplitude 0.75 mm
- shock resistance: no electrical discontinuity for more than 1μs, acceleration of 490 m/s2, 11 ms, half sine in 3 directions 3 times each for the three directions (axes)
- moisture resistance: relative humidity: 85% or less
These connector types are available:
FX16F-21P-HC, FX16F-31P-HC, FX16M2-41P-HC, FX16M2-51P-HC
*The picture shows a mounting example. A 51 pole FFC cable is supplied.