Here we present our new flexible micro coaxial cable assembly. I-PEX connectors of the CABLINE®-UM series, type 20877-040, were installed on both sides of the micro-coaxial cable, here in a 40 pole version in 0.40 mm pitch. The CABLINE®-UM connector is also available in a 30 pole version. It can be used for micro, twin coaxial cables as well as for single strands. The plug height is 2.2 +/- 0.15 mm (with locking cover) and 2.0 +/- 0.15 mm (without locking cover).
CABLINE®-UM connectors are mounted vertically at right angles. The plug can thus be placed on the circuit board to save space - your design options are expanded. In addition, the mating retention force can be increased with a mechanical locking cover. This locking mechanism can be ordered as an option, the plug is securely locked on the PCB.
CABLINE®-UM support high data transmission rates with 360° EMI shielding
The new micro-coaxial connector is designed with 360° EMI shielding to protect components from interference in high-speed transmission environments. The fully shielded connector is perfectly suited for transfer applications with high data rates. High-speed contact design is used for data transfer rates of 20+ Gbps. It is suitable for the latest Thunderbolt™ 3 (20 Gbps/Lane), eDP HBR 3 (8.1 Gbps), USB® 3.1 Gen 2 (10 Gbps) and other high data rate standards.
- side 1: I-PEX 20877-040, pitch 0.40 mm, 40 poles
- side 2: I-PEX 20877-040, grid spacing 0.40 mm, 40 poles
- cable: AWG42, micro coax cable, assignment 1:40
- L= 150 mm, round taped, black
- dimensions: length 20.20 mm (± 0.1) x width 4.26 mm
- plugged height: 2.2 +/- 0.15 mm (with lock cover) and 2.0 +/- 0.15 mm (without lock cover)
- mating type: vertical, right-angled
- mating cycles: 30
- REACH and RoHS compliant
- temperature range: -40 °C to 85 °C
- weight: 2.5 g
- voltage: 100 V AC per contact
- current rating:
AWG44 = 0.1 A AC/DC - per contact
AWG42 = 0.24 A AC/DC - per contact
AWG40 = 0.3 A AC/DC - per contact
AWG38 = 0.5 A AC/DC - per contact
AWG36 = 0.8 A AC/DC - per contact
AWG34 = 1.0 A AC/DC - per contact
- contact resistance: max. 40 mΩ
- dielectric withstand voltage: 250 V AC for one minute
- insulation resistance: min. 500 MΩ
- EMI leakage is prevented by 360˚ EMI shielding and multi-point ground design
- very high data transfer rate, ideal for Thunderbolt™ 3 (20 Gbps/lane) applications
- high contact reliability with 0.65 mm wiping length
- improved mating retention force with mechanical locking cover (optional)
- inadvertent pulling out is prevented.
- mechanical latching prevents vibrations and shocks
The I-PEX connector can be processed as:
micro coaxial cable: AWG 38, 40, 42, 44, 46
twin coaxial cable: AWG 40
single strand: AWG 34, 36, 38, 39, 40, 42, 44, 46
Possible applications: Thunderbolt™ 3 (20 Gbps/lane), USB® 3.1 Gen 1 (5 Gbps), USB® 3.1 Gen 2 (10 Gbps), eDP HBR 3 (8.1 Gbps), eDP HBR 2 (5.4 Gbps), eDP (2.7 Gbps), HDMI® 2.0 (6 Gbps), MiPi Gear 3 (5.8 Gbps), V-By-One HS 1.4 (4 Gbps)
Are you looking for a customer-specific solution? We will be happy to advise you and implement your I-PEX cable assembly, there are numerous possibilities. Perhaps you are looking for a complete solution, we can of course also offer the matching socket (receptacle) and other plug components such as the plug lock cover. Please feel free to get in touch with us!
Please also visit our I-PEX category. Here you will find more cable assemblies with I-PEX connectors.
CABLINE®-UM article numbers for components:
Connector: 20877-030T-01 (30 poles), 20877-040T-01 (40 poles)
Socket: 20879-030E-01 (30 poles), 20879-040E-01 (40 poles)