This 30 pin FFC is compatible with the I-PEX connector of the EVAFLEX® 5-VS series. This article is an example, we can always customize the FFC cable to your requirements and produce it for you in other pole numbers and lengths. The following pole numbers can be selected: 10, 15, 20, 24, 30, 40 poles.
EVAFLEX® 5-VS supports 8+ Gbps high-speed signals. The I-PEX connector is compatible with CABLINE®-VS/VESA® standard notebook PC-LCD connectors and can be mounted on the same PCB with a layout for VESA® standard CABLINE-VS sockets. The unique W-point contact design of I-PEX has also been used for EVAFLEX®, providing a highly reliable contact connection. I-PEX W-point contact prevents poor contact with foreign particles between contact and FFC/FPC conductor. The contact reliability is much better than with typical single point contact designs.
In addition, the FFC is protected against unintentional removal by a side catcher.
Technical specifications of EVAFLEX® 5-VS:
- board pitch: 0.5 mm
- height: 1.9 +/- 0.1 mm
- width: 6.25 +/- 0.5 mm
- depth: 4.95 mm
- wiping length( length: 1.1 mm
- FFC/FPC insertion depth: 3.3 mm
- FFC/FPC type: shielded/non-shielded FFC/FPC
- FFC/FPC thickness: 0.33 +/- 0.03 mm
- contact point: Signal: Upper / GND: Lower
- compatibility footprint pattern: CABLINE - VS
- current rating: 0.5 A/pin (7.5 A/conn)
- supported standard: PCI Express 3.0 (8 Gbps)
- operating condition: -40 ºC ~ +105 ºC, 85% RH max (type CH)
For more details, see the attached EVAFLEX® I-PEX data sheet.
In addition, this FFC cable is an impedance controlled foil cable. Impedance controlled high speed FFC cables offer optimal transmission characteristics! This FFC is suitable for high speed data transmissions without loss of signal quality. With increasing, higher serial data speeds, maintaining signal integrity and quality becomes more difficult or impossible. Here, impedance-controlled foil cables are the right choice!
This impedance controlled FFC cable is coated on one side with an aluminium shield foil. Inductive and capacitive properties of the cable are thus adjusted to the required differential impedance, predominantly 100 Ohm. Further information about our impedance controlled FFCs can be found here.
- 30 pin FFC cable for EVAFLEX® 5-VS
- pitch 0.50 mm, UL20706
- side catcher for EVAFLEX® 20535-030E connectors
- gold-plated contacts
- one side is coated with aluminium foil
- differential impedance = 100 Ohm
- L = 300mm
Suitable connectors :
Do you need a customized solution? Other lengths and designs are available from us at any time. Please feel free to contact us, we will advise you without obligation!